Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Hero & A Klutz

A hero, he is. And yes, I’m such a klutz!! Confirmed.

Fast forward to the return journey last week. B picked us up and dropped me & him right in front of the gate at V’s place, where I parked my Mav. I was on the front passenger seat, ready with the house key in my hand to save precious time. The key was loosely attached to my pen-drive; so those constituted my second (next to the wallet) most precious belongings during the travel (as in if anything happen, like it was lost or stolen, there goes my slides for presentation & keys for mav & to the other house, office room etc.)

So, I got out confidently (read: quick & fast) with the key still in my hand only to catch a glimpse of the so-called pen-drive (with the lanyard trailing behind) arching up in slow motion (detached itself away from the house key) and: Lo & behold!! …choose to drop itself ‘strategically’ of all other places on the vast acres by the road side on that small (only 3x2 feet?) piece of permanently fixed metal contraption which covered the drain on the tarmac area in front of the gate & slipped between the metal bars to go down way, way below. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Him being a gentleman, without further ado or prodding by me, knelt by the metal contraption & tried to fish it out.

Lucky it wasn’t a big monsoon drain, but still it was dark & watery inside (let’s just assumed the water ain’t dirty at all to save you the gory details!).

After quite an effort by him, with the help of a re-constructed hanger, broom’s handle etc. – he plucked it out for moi!

Oh, how I thank him again & again & again……

2 comments:

Unknown said...

again??!! hope all is in order now!

but but welcome home!

who is HE???

rad said...

Pp,
Actually it was a very short trip je pun....ceritanya je yg panjang lebar hahahaha...

Re: who is HE? Kasi chan la utk saya berangan sekejap boleh tak?
;-)
All will be revealed at the end of the travelog....nantikan!!